Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hello and What's Crackin'?

Greetings all!

My name is Phil Aldridge and I am a 22 year old police academy recruit and I have started this blog for the purpose of talking about law enforcement and advancing police interests. There will be plenty of news and politics discussion, maybe a teensy bit of religion where appropriate, and hopefully this will be an original blog that people would actually want to read. I noticed a severe dearth of cop blogs out there, so I want to get the ball rolling. There's about a million blogs for theologians, republicans, democrats, professors, lawyers, and the like, so we in the law enforcement community (or in my case, wanna-be's for the enforcement community) need to step up and get in.

So, check back often and please join in the discussion so that this isn't just a monologue.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Alex said...

Great idea, Phil (or should I call you Jefe?). I look forward to reading your blog! But, um, what does 10-8 mean?

11:52 AM  
Blogger Phil Aldridge said...

10-8 is code for "In Service".

When you are 10-8, you are on the job.

Also, I have heard it used to refer to beating the crap out of something as in "I took out my baton and went 10-8 all over his skull."

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Phil? Great website. If it's anything like your class newspapers i'm sure this will be a great website with interesting and educational information :) Maybe you could add some puzzles to it too :) --Baldwin

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Phil? Great website. If it's anything like your class newspapers i'm sure this will be a great website with interesting and educational information :) Maybe you could add some puzzles to it too :) --Baldwin

5:18 PM  
Blogger Chip Morgan said...

I came across your blog by accident....then was intrigued! Chip http://www.focusedinterview.com

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home