Friday, February 25, 2005

We're living the dream...

This is the kind of thing that reminds me why I started the police academy.


A Kansas City man is in jail this morning after Lenexa police said they arrested him driving nude and covered in corn oil.


I don't think I would have put him in the back of my car. Maybe we'd just walk back to the station. How big is Lenexa anyway?

On a more serious note...

BAGHDAD — A suicide car bomber disguised as a police officer drove into a police station parking area this morning, killing at least 15 people in the northern city of Tikrit.The victims were members of the new Iraqi police force, whose station is along the main road through Tikrit, Saddam Hussein's home city.

The bomber struck at a busy time, 8 a.m., when police were changing shifts, police Lt. Col. Saad Dahan Abid said. About a dozen cars caught fire. The police official said the attacker was able to slip into the station undetected because he was wearing a police lieutenant's uniform.


I wonder how different police work and police training would be if we had to contend with this sort of thing in America. Right now, in the Academy, we are learning how to disarm an attacker, how to approach a car or pedestrian, how to conduct an investigation. If LAPD was attacked with the same frequency as Tikrit PD, I wonder if we'd be learning how to approach the station or how to tell a fake police uniform from a real one. It's a scary situation over there and those Iraqi police are real heroes for putting themselves in extreme danger everyday. They literally have no safe haven from terrorist thugs. My heart goes out to them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITS HARD TO FATHOM WHAT IS REALLY GOIN ON OVER THERE IN THE BIG SAND BOX. I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT UNTIL I MET REED WHO WILL BE GOING BACK EVEN AFTER GETTING A PURPLE HEART. THEY SAY HIS MO (MILITARY POLICE) ARE THE PEOPLE GETTING PICKED OFF MOST. I HOPE WE AS A CLASS CAN DO SOMETHING FOR REED BEFORE HE HAS TO GO BACK.

-MUNA

1:19 PM  
Blogger Phil Aldridge said...

For all you people who aren't hip to what Mr. Muna is talking, our good friend and Academy-mate Grant Reed will be going back to Iraq before we graduate. This will be the second time he's had to leave the academy to go fight bad guys abroad. He's a good guy.

Maybe we should all write a letter to the Army to keep him in the Academy until June 11th.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT ONE LETTER SIGNED BY EVERYONE IN FCPA INCLUDING TAC STAFF?

I WAS GONNA MAKE A CARD OR A POSTER WITH A BUNCH OF OUR ACADEMY PICTURES AND HAVE ALL THE RECRUITS AND TAC STAFF SIGN IT. I HAVEN'T REALLY BROUGHT THIS UP WITH ANY OF THE OTHER RECRUITS YET HOWEVER I DID SPEAK WITH BEV IN THE TAC OFFICE AND SHE SAID IT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA. THE ONLY CHALLENGE I SEE IS HAVING EVERYONE SIGN WITHOUT REED FINDING OUT.

AS FAR AS A LETTER GOES, DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ARTICULATE ENOUGH TO WRITE SUCH A LETTER PHIL?

-MUNA

3:55 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
got my attention and I will go to the site again!
I know that you love my work so, look up my white collar crime attorney wyoming blog.

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home