Thursday, March 24, 2005

HAZMAT Drivers To Be Scrutinized

I have found an interesting item from Newsday.com:


CRANBURY, N.J. -- The truck drivers who haul cargo labeled as flammable, combustible, radioactive or poisonous are now going to be scrutinized as closely as the hazardous materials that fill their tankers and trailers.

In the coming months, roughly 3 million drivers across the nation will begin to be fingerprinted and put through FBI criminal background checks. Their names also are cross-referenced with federal databases related to terrorist activity, a practice the U.S. Transportation Security Administration began over the summer.

Now, perhaps you shared my reaction to this story, which went a little something like this:

WE WEREN'T ALREADY DOING THAT?! IT'S 2005 FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!

Ah, that feels better. Anyway, I'm glad that we are fingerprinting them now, but I cannot believe that it took 4 years after 9/11 to get on this.

1 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
You got me! I will check out your blog a.s.a.p!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home