Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Police Prayers

Instead of some news or politics, today I'd like to post some neat Police prayers I found online.

This first one is the Nation Policeman's Prayer:


Almighty God, Father of all Mercies, we ask Thy blessing and guidance on all law enforcement officers engaged in the protection of our citizens. Be with them in their lonely tours of duty while patrolling the busy streets of our cities and the remote areas of our country. Give them the blessing of your wisdom, to know and do what is right. Temper their actions with mercy and justice. When their tours are completed and the day is over, guide them safely home to their loved ones.

We ask Thy blessing and eternal rest to all our brothers who have sacrificed their very lives in the performance of their duties. Give to their loved ones the peace and strength to bear the anguish of their loss. Remove all resentment from their hearts, knowing that eternal peace and rest will abide their departed loved ones forever. This we beg Thy name forever and ever, Amen.


This next one I found is the Policeman's Prayer of Courage:


Lord I ask for courage

Courage to face and Conquer my own fears... Courage to take me where others will not go...

I ask for strength

Strength of body to protect others and strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication

Dedication to my job, to do it well, to my community to keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern for others who trust me and compassion for those who need me... And please Lord through it all Be at my side...


This next one is a prayer to St. Michael, patron saint of policemen, military folks, and anyone who protects people from evil.

Here are some images of St. Michael:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This prayer was written by a policeman, specifically for policemen:


ST. Michael, Heaven's glorious Commissioner of Police, who once so neatly and successfully cleared GOD's premises of all it's undesireables, look with kindly and professional eye on your earthly force.

Give us cool heads, stout hearts, hard punches, an uncanny flair for investigation and wise judgement. Make us the terror of burglars, the friend of children and law-abiding citizens, kind to strangers, polite to bores, strict with law breakers and impervious to temptations.

You know, ST. Michael, from your own experiences with the devil that the policeman's lot on earth is not always a happy one; but your sense of duty that so pleased God, your hard knocks that so surprised the Devil, and your Angelic self-control give us inspiration. And when we lay down our nightsticks, enroll us in your Heavenly Force, where we will be as proud to guard the throne of GOD as we have been to guard the city of men. AMEN....

And lastly, the official prayer to St. Michael for any and all defenders of innocents:


St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in our day of battle; protect us against the deceit and wickedness of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.

And you, O prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God banish into hell Satan and all of the evil spirits who roam through the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.


If you aren't religious, these might not mean anything to you. Even so, I think they are powerful and touching. Heck, I'm not even Catholic but I love St. Michael's prayer and I wear a St. Michael pendant around my neck. (St. Michael actually cast Satan out of Heaven. You don't have to be a Catholic to respect that particular act of law enforcement!)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy these prayers and if you know of any other good ones, please post them in the comments section.

4 Comments:

Anonymous pray to god said...

Well Phil Aldridge interesting post. I was looking for Info on prayer for life and I came across your site and while Police Prayers wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for prayer for life infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

3:02 AM  
Anonymous christian said...

Hi Phil Aldridge, I was out surfing on the net looking for the lastest info on daily prayer. Ok Police Prayers wasn't exactly what I was looking for but it got my attention and interest , now I see why I found your page when I was looking for daily prayer anyway I'm glad I stopped by you have a great blog. Thanks for the read ...catch you later!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous school prayer said...

Greetings Phil Aldridge I was looking for school prayer information and I landed on your pages. While Police Prayers was not excatly what I was looking for , I like your blog Great Stuff. I'll bookmark it for future visits. If you have time check out school prayer , Ok thanks for the read , take care.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Mr JaguarDriver said...

Hi Phil Aldridge love your blog. I came across it while looking for prayer for life. I know Police Prayers is not an exact match but thanks for the read. I'll get on with my search for prayer for life stuff and will visit again sometime. Take Care

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home